I love meal prepping. Doing so helps to keep me on track with weight goals.
My typical daily food intake looks like this:
- Overnight oats recipe a couple times a week, and having a cup of yogurt with a banana or apple on the other mornings
- Uncooked green beans before lunch
- Baked chicken (meal prep recipe) or uncooked tuna on a bed of farro or quinoa
- Handful of almonds (plain, not roasted) later in the afternoon
- I drink a crap ton of water during the day, and will occasionally have a hazelnut coffee from RaceTrac in the morning
- Chicken for dinner or a salad
I try to stay on a good diet free of processed foods and junk foods. I’m human and have cravings; I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth. I find my sweet tooth is pretty manageable, but keeping from eating processed foods is a bit trickier. I love easy foods. To be honest, I’m lazy. I don’t like cooking, however, I know that once I get in the kitchen and get started, I whip through it and am always thankful for getting my arse up off the sofa.
I just cooked this recipe today:
I’m not a fan of tomatoes, unless they’re squooshed in a sauce. I changed up the recipe a bit, using boneless chicken breast instead of thighs because eww. I added shredded carrots, a squish of lemon juice, and roasted tomato/basil pesto. Also, each container has a half of a baked sweet potato.
This recipe came out really good! So tasty!
Do you have a favorite meal prep recipe? What are your go to healthy foods? What are your weaknesses? Share how you manage your diet!