Well, another month has come and gone which means it’s time for another Monthly Favorites post!
My May favorites (All links open in a new window):
1) Ponds Cold Cream – I decided to go old school and try this way of makeup removal. I like it. I think. I’ve used it daily for over a month, and though it still feels strange to use a cream to remove my makeup, it really works! My skin feels so soft and moisturized after using. I don’t always use it to remove my eye makeup though because I can’t get it completely off and then my eyes have this weird film that annoys the crap out of me. For my mascara removal, I use a facial cleansing cloth.
2) It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara – I bought this on a recommendation from Bonnie (Queen of the Girl Geeks). Read my First Impression on this product here. I was hesitant to purchase this mascara because I had a bad experience with a similar mascara that rhymes with Poo Taced Smetter Ban Hex. I purchased the Superhero mascara, received it on May 1st, tried it for the first time on May 2nd, and have used it EVERY STINKIN’ DAY since without fail. I LOVE IT. I will do a separate review on this mascara because it’s deserving of its own post.
3) IBY Beauty Blush in Peach Sheen – I received this blush in a Beautycon beauty box. I tried it for the first time at the beginning of May and have used it every day since, thus giving my Too Faced Love Flush blush a break. 🙂 It’s a beautiful shimmery peach. I didn’t use this right away when I received it because of the sheen, but I find that I actually like the shimmer it gives to my cheeks.
4) Purpose Dual Treatment moisturizer – I have incredibly sensitive and sometimes dry skin. I did an internet search for the best moisturizers, and Purpose was #6 out of 15 in an article by Elle posted in March 2017. Read the article here. I only use this moisturizer at night because it is a bit heavy and I don’t have much time in the morning to wait between moisturizing and makeup application. Purpose is incredibly hydrating. I sometimes get dry patches from setting sprays and hydrating mists (I know, ironic, right?), and I use this moisturizer to help heal the dry areas. It works pretty much overnight. Highly recommended by dermatologists, this moisturizer puts my dry skin in check. It’s affordable at less than $5.00. Keep it away from your eyes, though, because once you get it in, you can’t get it out.
5) Rimmel London Stay Glossy lipgloss (Dorchester Rose) – I am in love with this lipgloss. It isn’t a long wearing gloss, what gloss is? But I don’t mind reapplying becaust it’s a beautiful shimmery sheer nude with little glittery particles that make my lips look pretty. I love it so much that I have at least 3 backups. 🙂 The formula isn’t drying or sticky. I have a few different shades in this line and they’re all pretty awesome, but Dorchester Rose is my fave.
6) OGX Orchid Oil Color Protect – This product also came in a Beautycon beauty box, but you can buy it at Ulta, Walmart, etc.. I just started using this the first week of May and I love it! I color my hair black every 4-6 weeks, and this spray is supposed to slow premature fading. I don’t know if it really helped with that, but it did make my hair feel incredibly soft and it smells… OMG the smell… it smells wonderful, and that wonderful scent lasted all day.
Have you used any of these products? Share your May favorites with me in the comments!