Taking this post from Kristyn (The Life of Kristyn), I have answered her questions for Blogmas Day 20! Christmas is just around the corner, y’all!
1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last-minute?
I am mostly a last minute shopper, however, I do get some early online shopping done on Black Friday.
2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
A Christmas Story. The time period the movie is set is back when kids could play outside without much worry. Basically, it reminds me of my childhood. Also, I would love to have Ralphie’s parents as my parents.
3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
The tree goes up a few days after Thanksgiving. We don’t have a tree this year, though. The holidays just kind of snuck up on us so we’re going tree-less. 😦
5. White lights or coloured lights?
I used to love colored lights, and I still do, but as I get older, I prefer the classic look of white lights.
6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I have been known to peek, but I try not to because I do like the surprise.
7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa’s Workshop
Definitely Santa’s Workshop. I’d eat the gingerbread house. 😉
8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
As a child, Christmas Eve was the night we’d all pack in the station wagon and go look at all the Christmas lights around town. Then we’d go home and open ONE gift and spend the rest of the evening until bedtime watching the Christmas specials on TV. As an adult, it’s just a cosy night indoors, watching Christmas specials on TV until bedtime. Once my grandchildren get a bit older, we’ll do the traditions I had as a child.
9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
Anyone? Hmm… Norman Reedus. He’s such an odd looking fella, but I absolutely LOVE him.
10. What tops your tree?
11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
Partridge in a pear tree/Two turtle doves/Three french hens/Four calling birds/Five golden rings/Six geese a laying/Seven swans a swimming/Eight maids a milking/I CAN’T THINK OF #9!!/Ten lords a leaping/Eleven pipers piping/Twelve drummers drumming
12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
Yes, though it has been many years.
13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
I do not countdown. I couldn’t even tell you what today’s date is. 😉
14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Apple pie and pumpkin pie. I’m hypoglycemic, so we don’t have a lot of sugary treats during the holidays.
15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you’ve grown older?
It’s just the time of year that does it. The music, the movies that are on TV along with the classics, the children and their excitement.. all of these things help to keep the Christmas magic alive. ❤
Great questions! Now it’s your turn! You’ve been tagged! Remember to tag me and Kristyn so we can read your answers!